5.23.2019

Venice 3

It is my tradition to start from Spanish pavilion and it was a very good start. Finnish pavilion was interesting, combination of organic creatures and nice video. I like nordic pavilion a lot as an architecture and this year, exhibition was really fitting well together. The work of Nabbteeri was very inspiring. Australian pavilion shows beautiful video with a nice way of typing code and music. UK pavilion was about particles but bit more ghost side. Japanese pavilion was a surprise, very similar sound installation to my partner’s ( and his instruments are more beautiful ). Of course concept is different and I liked the story and stones. 
I think I enjoyed and stayed at French pavilion the most in the end. They always make very nice seating place for the audience as a part of installations and this year was like something from the palace Cheval. I always try not to stay too long for video works in Biennial but I couldn't move and wanted to watch again, with a feeling of being involved in the world of which the artist had created. I enjoyed Venice Biennial this year a lot, but the biggest evocation of feeling was the works of Jannis Kounellis at Fondazione Prada. It was stunning and really good with the atmosphere of the building.